What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.
- A W Tozer
Our vision as believers in Christ is to:
1. Proclaim God's glorious attributes and gospel from our mouths and from the pulpit
2. Make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ by prayerfully ministering the Word of God to the lost and each other, all by God's grace and for His glory
We envision that the result of becoming disciple-makers will be that:
1. We will vitally grow in knowing God and His Word
2. We will grow in understanding the holiness of God, the depth of our sin, and the grace of Christ
3. We will be helped with significant, personal issues in our Christian lives
4. We will see and practice prayer as something absolutely essential to our Christian lives
5. Husbands and fathers will grow as shepherds of their families
6. Those being discipled will in turn disciple others
1. The verbal inspiration, authority, truthfulness and inerrancy of the Bible.
2. The character of the triune God as being utterly holy, absolutely sovereign, and abundant in grace.
3. The perfect humanity and deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, atoning sacrifice, and bodily resurrection.
4. The present reign of Jesus Christ in heaven until his glorious personal return at the end of this age.
5. The present state of men and women as being universally under the condemnation of God due to their thorough pollution as sinners.
6. The Gospel of the sovereign grace of God that is comprised of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, according to the Scriptures, and excludes all claims of human merit. This gospel is received by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
7. The local church, as an expression of the universal church, is composed of repentant and believing sinners who confess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and submit to His rule and authority as set forth in the Bible.
8. The mission of the local church is to declare the gospel as the only answer to a corrupt world and edify the body of believers by means of the Word of God and the ordinances.
9. The character of the Christian as desirous of holiness and godliness in his everyday conversation and lifestyle.
We align ourselves with a historic, sovereign grace, baptistic lineage which has found expression in the following confessions:
1. The First London Confession of 1644;
2. The Second London Confession of 1689;
3. The Philadelphia Confession of 1742.
For a fuller description of what we believe and teach, and more about our church, please see our constitution.
UPON A CHURCH
To learn more about our biblical vision for the church, please listen to, "The Grace of God in Antioch - Acts 11:19-30," a recent sermon by Pastor Steve which highlights five marks of God's grace upon a church.
"FAITH COMES FROM HEARING"
"Faith is this extraordinary principle which links man to God; faith is this thing that keeps a man from hell and puts him in heaven; it is the connection between this world and the world to come; faith is this mystic astounding thing that can take a man dead in trespasses and sins and make him live as a new being, a new man in Christ Jesus."
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones